"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, June 22, 2012

Sweet Summertime

We're getting into the flow of this summer thing around here.

After getting used to working from home for the last three months now, I spent this past week in the office helping train a new business development manager and spending some time with my colleagues. I love who I work with, and we have a lot of fun together while we get work done. But after four days of team building lunches and two nights of team building dinners and ice cream gatherings (in 90+ degree temperatures)... I was ready to get back to some normalcy this afternoon. I returned to the comfy confines of my home office today, read a book I needed to have read before a conference call in the morning, turned the air conditioning off, opened the windows, caught up on some grocery shopping... and welcomed the little tykes home to much comfier temperatures and a new book from the HyVee bargain bin.




We enjoyed snacks and story time on the deck while waiting for Daddy to get home and planned our exciting weekend ahead and a post-supper trip to the pool. I felt relaxed, and I felt grateful for this life we're living right now.





{have i mentioned he's a stinker?}




So many wonderful memories from my childhood summers... we didn't have The Falls pool... but Ray Edward's wasn't too shabby. Not John Deere tractor toys but bikes up and down the neighborhood driveways. Not a sibling following my every move... but Casey, James and Amanda couldn't have been better company. I wonder what our two littles will look back on one day...







I hope they remember family dinners on the deck... Saturday morning visits to Papa and Nana's... how much they loved their Sunday school mornings... and Mommy and her camera...



I hope they remember how much fun they had with each other... filling the bird feeders with Daddy and floating the lazy river while the sun set on our carefree summer nights...



I hope they remember their bedtime prayers, their early love for the Panthers... and their before bed snack time - cuddled up with each other while watching Sesame Street in Daddy's recliner.







I hope they remember to always appreciate the little things... like a freshly stocked kitchen full of food, a warm bubble bath after a night spent in the pool and Sturgis Falls filling up the weekend's agenda.

Happy Friday... we're ready for some live music, yummy food, carnival rides, a parade, a pool party... and some memory making. :)