"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Goodbye Summer...

"How can you see places like this... and have moments like this... and not believe?"
~A Walk to Remember






Summer is leaving us. The weather is starting to turn... the sun is setting earlier... Jaden starts a new school year in just a few days... and this weekend my hair is scheduled to lose its blonde.








And if I'm being honest... I'm kind of breathing a sigh of relief. It seems I've been somewhat holding my breath all summer long.





Summer has a track record of not being real kind to us and our families in years past. For a few years running, it seemed to be the season where the other shoe would drop. Where tragedies would happen, lives would be lost, jobs would get shaken up... and health would forever be changed... forcing us to adjust to the change of the tides and figure out a new way to tread the waters.






...but I'm happy to say that this season we didn't have to tread the waters. This summer... we got to ride the waves.











And I'm re-learning what I've always really known. That it truly is about the journey... not the destination. And I'm more than ready to begin this next season. For another year of watching our boys reach new milestones. For Jaden's last year of preschool before entering school full time. For Brandon's final year of toddlerhood before he enters the preschool ranks.




And I'm learning to truly be okay with the fact that I don't know what tomorrow holds... but I do know who holds tomorrow.







Bye-bye summer... thanks for being good to us. And thanks for the memories.