"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Sunday, August 12, 2012

When it's raining on Sunday...

How LONG have we been waiting for a day like today??




It finally rained the day away, and I swear I could just see every blade of that dry, brown grass soaking it all up and breathing a sigh of sweet relief. Though I had big plans for today that involved being outside nearly the whole time... I didn't allow myself any complaining when we had to forego them. The dreary, peaceful rain even caused our boys to sleep in until 7:30! (Yes, that is sleeping in around here). Too bad my inner alarm clock woke me up at 6:45. But it was nice to be able to quietly hop into the shower and get ready for church while the rest of the house was dark and quiet. Time to myself while I do my hair and makeup is a rarity!





Ever since I started my new position at work, Sundays have become my favorite day of the week. I guess the relief of not having to dread Monday mornings helps. We love our church, and our whole family looks forward to going every week. We make a point to not miss a Sunday unless absolutely necessary. And since I work from home all week long, Sundays are my days where I actually take a little extra time to curl my hair, pick out an outfit... and put on eye shadow!

...what else do I love about Sundays?

...planning an extra yummy meal. There's something about a relaxing Sunday evening that makes me long for comfort food. And I'm getting extra excited that these Sundays are soon going to involve soups in the crock pot, and dips made for football-watching.







...long afternoon naps and Big Brother on the TV!

...it's usually my "cleaning" day. Though I can never get as much done as I'd like to... and though I don't like the actual process of bleaching my bathroom... it sure feels good when it's done.

...our weekly Dairy Queen blizzards. Or in today's case... peanut butter cookies. Just because.



...extra time for browsing Pinterest. And since my Pinterest hobby was beginning to make me feel overwhelmed at all the projects and decor ideas I'd like to do... I have actually made a Pinterest "Wish List" on my computer of all my top priority projects. I've even been able to check some items off! There's something about putting my prioritized ideas on a check list that makes me feel much more accomplished. ;)

...laundry. I hate doing laundry, but I love the way our closets and dresser drawers look when they are full of clean clothes and I know that I don't have to worry about it again for another week! ;)

...nothing to do but play with these cutie-patooties. And when it's raining all day... we're forced to get extra creative. Who knew rolling a bouncy ball around on the floor could make kids laugh so hard?






...how extra snuggly we all get at the end of a weekend. Sesame Street... cookies... wet hair... clean pajamas...











...signing off to go light my new candle and dip some peanut butter cookies in a cold glass of milk. Have a good week!

{kiss kiss}