"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, September 14, 2012

What a little chalkboard paint can do...

We have a really nice sized closet in our bathroom. Since there is so much shelving in it and the closet itself goes pretty deep, we use it to store a LOT of things. The downside is that the door itself has always been painted a plain white color, and since it gets opened and shut and touched dozens of times throughout the day... it's been hard to keep it fingerprint and smudge-free. The white paint was starting to chip, and the area around the door handle was starting to look less than pure white.

Yesterday morning, I had an epiphany.

I've had half a can of chalkboard paint leftover from when we used it in the boys' room a year ago, and I've been wanting an adult space to use it in. A place for fun quotes, notes to Cody or inspirational scripture for the week. Since our bathroom is already decorated in grays, blacks and whites... this plain white door was the perfect spot to create a chalkboard! And since I already had all the materials... the cost was $0.00!!

I did the whole first coat of paint during my noon hour yesterday, and then spent all but 15 minutes on a second coat later in the day. It was so easy, and it turned out perfectly. It really has added a lot to our bathroom space, and even Cody was impressed when he got home from work. (Though it's hard for him to admit such things). ;)



...and though most weeks I'll want to put a Bible verse up there or something refreshing to read when I hop into the shower in the morning... this quote was the only one fitting for today. :)





It's amazing what a little DIY project can do! Happy Friday!