"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wing Ding 2012

There are eight things you can count on at our house when we flip our calendar to September every year.

1. My Fall decor will be out no later than September 1.
2. Football will literally consume our weekends. (Not exaggerating. This weekend we have something going on with football Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.)
3. The roomes of my house will be filled with Bath & Body Works Wallflower aromas such as Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Cider Lane.
4. My kids will be wearing football jerseys. Often.
5. Our crockpot will get used. A lot.
6. I will be giddy.
7. There will be a Pumpkin Spice candle in my living room. Every year.
8. Cedar Falls' annual Wing Ding will be circled on our calendar.

This event might be one of the neatest traditions around here. Put on by the Chamber of Commerce, those who attend are provided a taste (literally) of all the best wings, pizza and ice cream that various local restaurants and businesses have to offer. Throw in a city park, a fun crowd of peole, some good music and even better weather... and how can you resist allowing your kids a whole night of spicy sauce and mini cookies for dinner? ;) (Besides, when your dad is president of the chamber of commerce... you get extra food!) ;) But I think the best thing about this event is that it's simple, it's small-town community... and it's a tradition that has been woven into the fabric of a hometown that I love so much to call mine.

Without further adeu... a few pictures. {we had a blast watching our kids dance in front of the crowd all night long!}