"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The great pumpkin carving.



Pumpkin carving night is a big thing around here. When Brandon and I walked into Jaden's classroom at 5:00 this evening, he was having so much fun playing on his classroom computer that he wasn't very happy to see me. But when I told him it was time to go carve a pumpkin, he jumped out of his chair, started squeeling with delight and had all of his teachers laughing.

I decided that tonight was the perfect opportunity to carve pumpkins. I don't remember ever having weather so nice this late into October that we could do it all outside on our driveway. Not having to worry about the mess, no need to lay down newspaper... and the kids loved being able to throw pumpkin guts all over the place. ;)

Happy boy enjoying happy weather...


We were so excited to do our carving before the weather turns cold again, that Cody made a special trip home just to help us before he had to go back and out and finish a job when it got dark.


We have carved a simple UNI pumpkin ever since Jaden was a baby, and it's a tradition I'm holding onto strongly. As the kids get older, I'm sure we'll add scary faces and other designs to the mix... but for now... nothing showcases our family better on the front steps of our home than a lit up UNI jack-o-lantern.





My plans to do it outside worked perfectly. The kids loved it, and happy kids makes for a happy mommy.



Brandon is so proud of this baby pumpkin that he insisted Cody try to carve it, as well.





This was the first year that Jaden was actually willing to get his hands dirty.






Hugs for his beloved pumpkin...





It looks pretty good from Rainbow Drive!