"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Saying goodbye to Fall...

It's hard to believe that we're already making plans for Christmas tree decorating and Thanksgiving weekend agendas. As much as December is my favorite month of the whole year, I'm not ready for my favorite season of Fall to be over and done with. I like my pumpkin candles and decor a little too much.



It feels like we were just counting down to the first football game in the Dome when already this week we'll be celebrating senior night. We've already attended our first basketball game of the season, and I've even started hiding the boys' Christmas presents that have been purchased already - after careful planning and selection.

And since yesterday decided to bring us a brief 70 degree spell... it doesn't seem right that the first snowfall is probably just an extended forecast away. I have heard it before... but time really does go faster as you age. (I'm going to pretend that I'm turning 25 again in a month instead of 28).

I'm going to do my best to enjoy this last week or two of Fall. I still haven't tried all the pumpkin recipes I wanted to try... my Fall candles still haven't burned themselves out. Maybe this is why when most people were celebrating the unseasonably warm temperatures yesterday (my kitten included), Cody and I weren't too happy about it. It felt weird and out of place, and I have welcomed the rain and cooler temperatures again today.

Yes... Jack appreciated the doors and windows open on Saturday afternoon.





While there are definitely days where we miss the ability to be able to go outside and play in the yard... or take the boys to a favorite park... there's a comfort and simpleness that comes with shorter days, colder nights and the need to "batten down the hatches." To spend quality time as a family and anticipate the special moments to come. The boys are really getting it. They know Christmas is around the corner. I'm just hoping December doesn't fly by as fast as October did!

How we're keeping busy in the evenings when the sun has already gone to bed....

We've put up tents in the living room...













...we've snuggled up with our newest addition... a lot...







...we've done a little bit more coloring than usual.





...we've had to hide the dry-erase markers after catching Brandon trying to color on the back of Jaden's nice shirt...

...we've pulled our play-doh sets out from storage for the first time since last Winter... (and we've Brandon's gone pantless. A lot).




...we've put some toys away while pulling some forgotten ones back out of their boxes...


...and just tonight... we introduced our boys to chilli for the first time. Paired with some garlic bread and my first crack at some Chocolate-dipped pumpkin-graham cracker truffles. Both a hit. (I even made a second batch of the truffles after the first one turned out so good).



I only wished I'd had some red and orange sprinkles to put on top!



Lots to look forward to - lots to be thankful for. Just hoping time decides to slow down a little bit for the next month and a half!