"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Snow.

Oh to be a child again...





Waking up in the morning to the first snow fall of the year is a big event around here every year. And since Brandon has no memory of last year... this boy was extra happy this morning.



Before church: "Mommy! There's snow on the grass?!" On the way to church: "Mommy! There's snow on our house?!" At church: "Mommy!! There's snow on my CHURCH!!"

It was just a dusting, but it was enough to get their juices flowing for some outdoor play. And though I had to explain several times that there was not yet enough snow on the ground to make a snowman... they were more than content enough to just walk around in it and touch it. That is... after we had a lesson on how to put gloves on. I had forgotten how much work it is to prepare to go out in the snow, and we didn't even bother with the snowpants and snow boots yet.



"Mommy! There's snow in my hand!!"



"Brandon! Look... I can make tire tracks in the snow!!"
 
 
 
 
...and afterwards, we came in for some soup and applesauce by mid-day candlelight. It's the little things.
 
 
 
 
A big week ahead... a Christmas program, our first family Christmas of the year... and a ride on our very own real-life Polar Express. Slow down, December!