"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Turning 28

I celebrated my 28th birthday a couple of days ago... and boy did that one look different than the 21st one did. It seems the further I get from my early 20's, the faster the years seem to go. It's funny. I don't feel like I'm 28 years old. I used to have this picture in my head of what I would feel like at 28. When I was younger, I thought for sure that those moms walking around with children and wedding rings had it all figured out. That getting your college diploma automatically meant you "knew it all." I've since learned that age is nothing but a number, and that life experience has everything to do with how much wisdom you possess - or don't possess. I still call my dad first whenever I need advice. I still need advice almost daily. And yet here I am - a mom of two very sweet boys. A wife to a husband three years older than me. A home owner for almost four years now. An employee of a national company that is starting to do work on an international scale. I'm juggling it all, but a part of me still feels like the 21 year old college girl... just trying to find her way. I've learned that if you're not striving to grow on a daily basis - you're going backwards. I'm learning that God's not finished with me yet. And that He won't be - until He calls me home. I'm learning to be okay with that.

What a 28th birthday looks like...

A dinner at HuHot and Mickey's Christmas special afterwards. A cake, some presents - a UNI pullover and a brand new nativity scene. Christmas money and an hour to myself to go spend it. Another dinner out - some fried ice cream - and a bottle of raspberry wine from my sister-in-law. (Some things HAVEN'T changed since 21). ;)

A look through the lens...







A day off from work, flowers from my bosses and cookie baking and icing with my boys.












These boys loved the sprinkles...









Ready to be snowed in. There's a blizzard-a-comin'. It's going to be a white Christmas after all!