"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

deep thoughts on a winter's day

It's no secret that I love every season and embrace each one for what it's made for. Beautiful temperatures in the Spring, green grass, Easter egg hunts and spring jackets. Nights at the pool in the Summer, steaks on the grill, staying outside until dark, 4th of July fireworks. Pumpkins and football in the Fall, soups and the pumpkin patch and dinners on the deck while the sun sets. And in Winter? Christmas and hot chocolate and basketball and this...


I can't help but think it's pretty.

Last Winter we got cheated. It didn't snow much - making for a pretty dull and lifeless Winter. There was the cold without the snow pants. The clouds without any white sparkly stuff falling from them. Cabin fever without any chance to go outside and build snowmen and snow forts with our Daddy.

Deep down, I'm embracing this view from my "office" window. As my baby's third birthday is just three days away, I'm all too familiar with how quickly the seasons come and go. Tonight we will eat pizza. And watch the Panthers on TV. And color with our favorite markers. And take a warm bath. And cuddle in our sweats. I'm okay with all of that.