"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

catching up.

Home is definitely where my heart is, and I'm so glad to be back.

I spent the last three days in Dallas in what is expected to be my last trip for a while, and after getting to bed no sooner than 11:30 every night and needing to be up for team boot camps every morning at 5:30... I am tired. It didn't help that storms rolled through Texas and delayed my return flight by 2 1/2 hours. I rolled into my driveway at 1:15 this morning, was greeted by a happy Lucy and a snoring husband... and my very own bed. When calling Cody from the airport during my delay, Jaden had just spilled an entire thing of chocolate milk all over his shirt, put on a clean shirt and proceeded to spill potatoes covered in ketchup right down the new clean shirt... all the while leaving the deck door open and letting the cat out. Brandon was upset because he'd had a potty accident at daycare, and all Jaden would do when Cody put him on the phone with me was cry. Couple all of that with the fact that our grass is in serious need of being mowed, there's somehow goldfish crackers all throughout Brandon's bed sheets, and Lucy won't stop nuzzling my feet... I think it's safe to say that EVERYONE is happy to have Mommy home. And I sure did love hearing "I MISSED you!" from my boys all morning long. Looking forward to the summer stretched out before us, a dear friend's wedding on Friday and a holiday weekend. More importantly right now -- I'm looking forward to a nap!

Before I left on Sunday morning, we did have the opportunity to have some fun this past weekend...


Friday night was the perfect s'more night so we made some fajitas in the crockpot, had my parents over for a fire and kept the boys up much past their bedtimes.


Cody had brought home a bunch of wood for the fire pit and needed help hauling it from his jeep to the garage. We have the perfect little helpers for such things!









We stretched the night out, turned on the white deck lights (formerly known as Christmas lights!) and admired Brandon's wet tank top, dirt-filled cheeks and tousled hair. This look he wore all night screamed "summer" to me, and I am so looking forward to many, many more nights like this. I think our boys are going to be quite the little party animals. I have so many wonderful memories of summer nights on Maryhill Dr., I can't wait to mold and shape the memories that our two littles will get to look back on someday. Summer nights are the best of nights.



(look closely and you should be able to spot Lucy in the window...)















Saturday was Ella's birthday (and just so happens to also be our engagement anniversary) so after a day filled with shopping, work for Cody -- and Papa Tim allowing the boys to clean the INSIDE of the garage with the hose while babysitting... we went over to Cassi and James's for pizza and cake.




Can't believe she is SEVEN. So many special memories from the day she was born and her one-year birthday celebration that came later...







I love that these cousins have each other and will get to grow up as friends. They have so much fun together.

So much to look forward to... our pool passes are purchased, the pool opens this weekend, Jaden graduates preschool in two days and it is SUMMER!