"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Photo Drop

Happy Friday! It sure would be a happier Friday if there wasn't snow on the ground and we had plans for a cookout this weekend. Instead, I'm racking my brain trying to come up with fun activities to do INSIDE on the first weekend of May. Luckily, Jaden has a birthday party to go to that he is SO excited for, and Brandon kind of just goes with the flow no matter what's going on around him. So we'll hunker down, get out the play-doh and maybe spend a Saturday night at our favorite cupcake shop. Thank goodness next week's forecast looks good for ice cream cones and S'mores!

Just looking through my phone pictures from the last week... it's amazing how much can change in a few days.


Lucy LOVES when we have all the windows open. She hops from one to another and watches the birds, takes a nap and breathes in the fresh air. She was not too happy when she woke up two mornings ago and found all the windows closed. If cats have mood swings, she's definitely portraying that this week.


Last week, I moved my laptop to my deck and worked outside. I love wireless Internet. And that I have the freedom to do this whenever I want.


Saturday morning -- our first park visit of the season. The boys could spend every day at a park, and I have plans to visit every single one in our town this summer. I might have to invest in our first picnic basket, too. I can't believe we don't have one yet, but it's becoming a necessity!


One of my favorite things about life each season is watching how your kids change and noticing the differences from year to year. This Spring, both kids are old enough to entertain themselves outside, pick out their toys from the garage, put them away and move on to the next thing. This weekend while Cody grilled and the boys played with trucks, I sat with a magazine and a beverage. A couple nights later, I did it again with my Nook. Currently reading: Whiskey Beach. I recommend if you're into romance and suspense and mystery.


Sweet innocense of boys and trucks. And rocks. Cody and I once had plans to pave the bottom half of our driveway. Now we're kind of glad we didn't. These rocks provide so much entertainment!


Sunday afternoon sleepies with the windows open. Brandon will hardly ever nap anymore, but we do make him do quiet time... so that Daddy can sleep. And Lucy, too. ;) Lucy gets to nap a lot on the weekdays when the kids are gone so weekends really wear her out!


A Tuesday lunch with my parents outside at Mulligan's. I love their pizza with wheat crust and honey for dipping!



After a couple summers of watching his brother, Brandon is learning to master the tractor himself. This thing has two speeds - slow and fast - and then reverse. Brandon's content with slow, and I am just fine with that right now! This tractor has gotten so much use -- one of the best gifts ever given to us by my parents.


And my favorite pictures from the month of April...


...hoping for pink flowers and sprinkled ice cream cones in our May edition!