"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Life.

This morning, I tried to scoop butter into my coffee maker instead of... coffee.

That paints the perfect picture of life lately - a description of my mind scattered in a million different directions - the reality of an ever-changing landscape in our little neck of the woods. There are things happening. Our oldest graduates preschool next week. (The reality of that in itself is a lot for a mama to take in. His preschool teacher stopped me in the hallway yesterday to ask how I was feeling. She used to teach Kindergarten, and she gave me a pep talk to prepare me for how I would feel come Fall). ;) My husband works until 10:00 most nights. There are exciting opportunities on the horizon both personally, professionally and in our families. We went two weeks without a grocery run, my phone was already dying by Noon today, and I just ate my first meal of the day at 1:45pm. A bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch while I stared out the window and allowed myself a moment to breathe. I'm leaving for Dallas again this weekend for a whirlwind two-day work stint, and I keep forgetting to schedule a long-overdue oil change.

But through all of this, I am happy. Life is good even through the chaos. And I have these two little monkeys and a fun summer ahead to help keep me grounded.

Pictures from our record-breaking 96-degree day yesterday!



















A little of my inspiration lately:





Happy Wednesday :)