"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

our little graduate

Last Friday, Jaden attended his last preschool class at Blessed Beginnings Preschool. After two years and a whole lot of growth, he is officially a "school ager."


I will admit that I cried a little bit the day before. I had just come from his new elementary building, filling out kindergarten paperwork and checking out the playground (an element I know will be important to him!), and I unexpectedly "lost it." This new adventure we're about to embark upon came at me out of nowhere. His new school looks so big, and to me, he's still so small. As his mama, I want to protect him from everything, keep him under my wings and shield him from any outside influence that might counteract the morals and values we have been trying to instill in him since the day he was born. But I also know that I have to let him spread his wings - that there is a lot that he can and should learn from other people and life's experiences, and that those same experiences shaped me and his daddy into the people that we are today. We've given him a foundation that we continue to build upon, and we will always be there for him at the end of the day - with shoulders for him to cry on - or ears eager to listen to whatever exciting story he wants to share with us.

We're so proud of you Jaden - and so honored to be your parents. And since I can't promise that I won't cry again on your first day of kindergarten this August, I am very grateful that we aren't shipping you off to college just yet!

Saying goodbye to his classroom... and its butterflies...


For a special treat his grandmas and I took him out for a special lunch after class, and he received his first graduation money. ;)



First day of preschool two years ago...