"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

stories behind the pics

There's a story behind every picture. Sometimes I take a picture not for the look or feel of it... but because I want to remember the why. Why was my son sitting at the end of the driveway staring at rocks for half an hour? Why are their chalk rainbows all over my driveway?

Here... just a few more pictures and a couple stories from our time outside this week. When the weather is as perfect as it has been, our kids come in the house for only two things. To go potty. And to get a bath.

...when we are outside, Lucy sits in the kitchen window and meows at us. Constantly. Brandon smiling back at her...



...when Daddy works late, all we need is a frozen pizza - straight off the pan.



...I took this picture as I was explaining to Brandon why he couldn't blow bubbles all over his dinner plate.



...during Brandon's first week at Blessed Beginnings two months ago, his teacher painted a giant rainbow above their coat hooks. He spoke of that rainbow all the time. This was followed by a unit on rainbows in his classroom. There are now rainbow chalk murals all over my driveway. Every night, Brandon runs into the garage to grab the bucket of chalk. "Draw a BIG rainbow for me, Mommy!" I now have the prettiest driveway on the block. Or at least the happiest.





...and my favorite. Jaden's preschool class recently did a unit on ants. They studied their anatomy, how they work, and my favorite - "why God made ants." They have an ant city in their classroom, and two nights ago Jaden found our own little ant city being built at the end of our driveway. He sat there this night for a half an hour just watching them work. This kid won't sit and watch a movie for half an hour.



{I have to share that right after their ant unit was over, Jaden was out on the driveway with Cody trying to find every ant there was. He got really excited when he spotted a big one. "Look Daddy! A big ant!" Cody immediately stomped on it and killed it. You would have thought someone had snuffed out Lucy. Jaden was distraught. Daytime: "Why God made ants." Nighttime: "Daddy killed them." I will never let my husband live that one down.}

...my new favorite after-school snack. An iced Mocha from my own fridge.



Cheers! Happy 'Hump' Day!