"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Random Ramblings



Jaden... started t-ball this week. (Pictures to come at some point). He is loving it, and my dad made the comment that he looks like he's in junior high when he's out there on the field - with his matching hat, shirt ---- and game face on. He has a great game face. When he's playing any sport (so far, that includes soccer and one t-ball practice), we can't ever tell if he's having any fun. He shows zero emotion except a couple of side glances at his mom when I'm yelling something to him from the sidelines. (Yes... I'm going to be THAT mom). But... when he's done and off the field, he's always bursting with energy and excitement and wondering when he can do it again.








Brandon... still picking flowers for Mommy and is happiest when sitting under a shade tree, placing them in the perfect little bundle for his "vases" at home. Leads us in prayer every night and has fallen in love with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Sometimes it's the only supper we can get him to eat.










Lucy... at the vet for the next two days and nights. I'm a little lonely without her, but it was high time we got her spayed and got rid of the claws on those front paws. I just hope she forgives me when she gets home.

Looking forward to... some vacation time in a week and a half. The end of the month "pay day." A day to myself to shop and float the lazy river at the Falls. Wearing my maid of honor dress we found in Des Moines last weekend (love it)... Cassi's wedding in November and seeing my boys walk down that aisle. Movies Under the Moon tomorrow night. (Lion King). Football kickoff NEXT MONTH... and Fall. Yes, I said it. I'm perfectly content waiting around another month for it though. I think my favorite thing about Summer is that the best season of all follows it.
 



Enjoying the small things... windows open, A/C off and no '90's' in the forecast, Cookies and Cream ice cream in the freezer, my Pandora station (currently playing 'Highway Don't Care'), Healthy Choice CafĂ© Steamers for lunch, a lunch break spent on the deck with a book, an ever-growing rainbow collection of nail polish bottles to choose from, and Instagram pics.







Sorry for being so MIA lately, but the summer breeze has lulled me into a laid back state of mind, and I'm trying to enjoy it before life gets really busy here in about a month.