"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, August 12, 2013

this weekend, we...

...went shopping downtown CF with my aunt and Mom. Stopped at Pablo's so my uncle could get a "giant burrito" -- his only request for lunch. I picked up some killer garlic olive oil bread dip from Sweet Basil Market and a cute Fall knick-knack for my favorite shelf. The day was absolutely gorgeous, and I've decided I don't spend near enough Saturday afternoons strolling through that part of town.

...cleaned our basement, organized our toys (again) and built a new train track on our train table. Every time I rearrange the tracks on our Thomas table, the boys treat it like it's a brand new toy again. They love the new configuration, and I'm quite proud of it myself. It surprisingly takes a lot of effort to get all those pieces to flow and fit together nicely, and the fact that I keep re-doing it... a pat on the back for me.

...speaking of toys. I unboxed one that had been in storage for a while. The boys received a little amusement park for Christmas, and it has a remote control battery back with it. Push the buttons, and the ferris wheel, roller coaster, bumper cars and merry-go-round all spin in sync with each other. It takes forever to put together (not sure why it's designed for five-year-olds), but it lights up their faces whenever I take the time to do it for them.

...had our family over for a cookout. Cody got both grills going, and we enjoyed steaks, foil packs, sweet corn, potatoes and Scratch Cupcakes. I remember questioning why we would need two grills, but now I totally get it. Hence why we also acquired a second crock pot, and I wouldn't mind having at least one more of those either! It was a gorgeous night on our deck, and my aunt and uncle got to familiarize themselves with Lucy. They love her, too and my aunt was amazed at how pretty, sweet and content she is. Oh yes... and the boys captured a frog and observed it in their little bug habitat case that the Easter Bunny had brought for them.

...spent Sunday afternoon and early evening at Cassi's house. Ella had been begging to play with the boys and the boys had been begging me to play with Ella.

...tried on my Matron of Honor dress in front of the family so they could all get a sneak-peek. I love the dress, it fits like a glove, and I can't wait to wear it again in November. And Brandon... my little Romeo... told me I look pretty. :)

...watched Cody and Brandon bond over alligator stories by our own backyard creek. Brandon was getting a little unruly Saturday night so while the rest of the family ooh'd and ahh'd over Jaden's drumming skills in the basement, Cody took Brandon for a stroll around our property. He told him tales of alligators and crocodiles and gave him lessons on the outdoors. I could just see Brandon's face soaking it all in from my view through the kitchen window. Daddy-son moments every Mommy hopes for.

...took a late-evening trip down to the amphitheater and splash pad by the river. It was a gorgeous evening, and these simple pictures are some of my favorites from this summer. Give me water and a sunset and my family. It's really that simple.











Daddy hiding...



This week... Brandon's preschool open house, Jaden's last tball game, hopefully one or two more trips to the pool and an unofficial farewell to Summer. It's been a good one, but I'm ready for the Fall that awaits.

My home. So much pretty...