"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, August 9, 2013

what's going on...

The to-do list is long and the calendar is full. Which of course means that Summer is coming to a close, and Fall is right around the corner. Evidence of that can be found in my Pumpkin Cupcake candle sitting beside me -- (I never light the pumpkin ones before September 1st - I just stare at them and smile. :)) -- and a backpack full of fresh, new school supplies just waiting for a Kindergartner to cart them off to his first day of school.

Big things ahead. Huge. Summer flew by, and my kids keep getting older. Two school open houses. Two first days of school. A wedding shower and bachelorette party. Kickoff. A couple of work trips. Pumpkin candles and Harvest garland all await.

But in the short time leading up to it all... here's what's been going on.

We've been soaking up family this week. I took some time off work, and my aunt and uncle drove in from Weeki Wachee, Florida. (It's near Tampa and Orlando, in case you were wondering). We've been reconnecting after two years apart and we aren't done yet, as we have a couple of days left together. We've been showing off our favorite town and filling our time with some of our favorite things. Spaghetti dinners. The pool. Bubble blowing. Tony's Pizza. Tball games. Downtown streets and river walks. We're savoring what's left of this season and this chapter in our boys' lives. Next week, Jaden says goodbye to many of his friends that have been a huge part of his life for the past year -- as they all go their separate ways. (Why do I feel like I'm getting a glimpse of high school graduation?) Brandon got his first birthday party invitation. Cody's ready for work to not be quite so busy while my work gets busier. Seasons come and go so fast, and I'm just riding the waves and hoping I can remember how it felt -- when my oldest was still 5 and my youngest was still 3. And things like cookie baking and blowing bubbles were all they needed to feel happy and content. I love these two little's of mine, and I'm feeling sentimental and thankful for this summer in our lives...

A few images from the week...






















dropping feathers and watching them get carried away...




always ecstatic to see the train go by...









So much more to come...