"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fall dreaming...

Finally today our windows are open. I'm not sure who was more excited - me - or our dear cat Lucy. My Scentsy order showed up at my doorstep, too. Perfect timing. I only place an order twice a year - once in Spring - once in Fall - but my Fall order is always my favorite. I promise if you come over, our house will smell yummy. I've got Black Raspberry Vanilla, Blueberry Cheesecake, Pumpkin Roll, Mochadoodle, Oatmeal and French Toast to choose from. Not to mention that my bathroom smells like Pumpkin Pecan Waffles and my basement smells like Pumpkin Cupcake. Good smells are a comfort for me, and I fill my home with them - especially this time of year. And since I tend to fill my home every year with the same traditional scents as the year before, the smells always carry memories with them. Black Raspberry Vanilla -- my first Scentsy purchase when Jaden was a baby. Blueberry Cheesecake - I was pregnant with Brandon. You get the idea.

It's already the middle of September, and our weather is finally starting to act like it. I'm excited to dive into this season feet first and have so many ideas of fun things to do - some traditional - some new.

...an afternoon at the Arboretum's Fall Festival
...an afternoon at the pumpkin patch
...rake leaf piles with the boys, drink some hot chocolate outside and jump in them
...a walk through Hartman Reserve as the leaves start to change
...host a chili/pumpkin carving party
...make a leaf craft on a Sunday afternoon out of coffee filters
...try a caramel apple cider recipe in the slow cooker
...have an October picnic at George Wyth
...buy a new cozy sweater and some brown boots
...make ghost pancakes for Halloween
...start collecting Christmas toy ideas
...plant some mums
...neighborhood walks at sunset in our pajamas
...go on a nature walk. Collect as many acorns, leaves and pinecones we can. Spray paint the pinecones a pretty color for display.
...a date night with Cody. Dinner and a movie and lots of popcorn.
...pick one Saturday or Sunday to make lots of food for football watching.
...spend a Saturday morning on Main St. Cup of Joe and some shopping.
...take the boys to Pursuing Picasso for some painting.
...go to the library and check out Fall books.
...make a Thanksgiving leaf banner - add a leaf every day in November listing all things we are thankful for.
...watch a sunset from Big Woods Lake.
...take lots of pictures...

















...memories. So many good things ahead.