"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, September 9, 2013

Fall...

On a record-breaking day of 100 degree temps, I am eagerly anticipating Fall the way I remember it. My home has been decorated for my favorite season since September 1st, and I am so anxious to place some pumpkins on my deck, but right now I can't even walk outside without fogging up my sunglasses. My fear is that we will skip Fall altogether and jump straight from Summer into Winter. 71 degrees is looking heavenly on that extended forecast map.

I'm not sure why this season gets to me so. I think it's a culmination of so many good things and so many happy memories. Football and road trips with the Panthers. Leaf houses with Casey and pregnancy bellies popping just in time for sweatshirt weather and winter babies. Countdowns to Thanksgiving and circling toy ideas in Christmas catalogues. New TV shows to watch, rainy days with a good book. Comfort food in the crockpot and neighborhood walks at sunset. Our first date to a Wartburg football game and watching Cody coach alongside Ed Thomas. Those Friday night drives to Aplington to see baby Ella and pumpkin candles. Always pumpkin candles.

I'm thinking happy thoughts on this wretchedly hot Monday in September and praying that our delayed Fall doesn't result in an early Winter. Because all things are good in their own time, but I want to experience it all. I don't want to miss a thing.

Hurry up, Fall...








 
...see? We need some pumpkins.








...and just a couple of pictures from our Panther-iffic Saturday. The first home game in the Dome, and Brandon actually made it through the whole four quarters! He was so cute on the field afterwards. He refused to leave the Dome without saying hi to a player so I walked up to our quarterback in the middle of his conversation with his family and asked him if my boys could give out some high-fives. He was happy to oblige and it made their night. :)







..."every leaf speaks bliss to me falling from the Autumn tree..."

Thinking leafy thoughts until we can start making piles of them!