"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, November 4, 2013

thankfulness and reflection

"What I am doing, you do not understand now. But you will understand later."
- John 13:7

This past Friday afternoon, I received some really good news that I was not at all expecting. In a way, it kind of rocked my world a little bit, and I've been in a fog ever since. A good fog. But one that I haven't come out of yet. And I think part of the reason that it has shaken me so is because I feel God in it so much. I feel like that phone call had His hand prints all over it. I believe it's true what they say. When He seems most silent is when He's working hardest on your behalf. When you're wondering where He is in the chaos of the day-to-day, He's putting your puzzle together piece by piece until it all fits together in a way that you couldn't have completed on your own.

"God is making things happen for you. Even when you don't see it, even when you can't feel it, even when it's not evident... God is working on your prayers."

And the timing is just wild. In the last two weeks, not only have Cody and I received big news, but good things have happened to both of our families that shows when one door closes, another - often times better one - opens. In November. A month that already serves as a reminder to be thankful - a season filled with red holiday cups, twinkly lights, Christmas wish lists and happy traditions.

I believe it to be so true - an answer of "no" to a prayer is often because He is protecting you from less than His best. His timing is never my timing but it's always better. He is the best story writer. So many "no's" have turned into even better "yes's."

I don't know exactly what's next. But I know He knows. He's already blessed me in ways I never would have been able to imagine. And so in my foggy state of mind, I wait. Knowing He's got this.

"Have patience. God isn't finished yet."
-Philippians 1:6