"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, November 25, 2013

the wedding.




We survived the wedding weekend! It was quite a whirlwind, and none of us could keep our eyes open very well last night, but all is well. I am very much looking forward to a holiday week and nothing but time to carry out traditions, eat some good food, fill our mugs with hot cocoa and decorate that tree!

But first... pictures and memories from the Price/Ubben festivities.

I didn't get nearly as many pictures of everything as I would have liked. It was hard enough keeping up with all the activity, transporting the boys everywhere they needed to be in the middle of it all and finalizing my maid of honor speech! I'm excited to see the professional pictures in a few weeks.

Overall, the boys held up well. Jaden was a rock star throughout the whole weekend. He took his job pretty seriously as ring bearer, was a trooper at the rehearsal and couldn't have done better at the wedding. He loved wearing his suit, walked down the aisle carrying that old Bible with confidence, stood quietly at the front with the groomsmen throughout the entire ceremony, roamed around the reception with a little bit of a swagger and looked so incredibly grown up the entire time. The moment I came out of the dressing room and saw him in his suit, I choked up. Future images filled my head... proms... his own wedding day. I'm very proud of him.




Brandon did great at the rehearsal. He practiced walking down the aisle with Ella, was patient during the process and the wait and was wonderful at the dinner afterwards. When it came time for the real thing, he chickened out at the very last minute and ended up sitting out of the actual ceremony. It had been a long day with pictures beforehand, and he's never been one to want a lot of attention on himself. I'm thankful that he fully participated in pictures with his suit on, and he had a lot of fun later at the reception watching the dance floor, eating those marshmallows from the hot cocoa bar and hanging on to Mommy's dress while she walked around. He loved my dress and got irritated whenever I'd try to take my dress shoes off. ;) He happily danced a slow song with Mommy Daddy - the three of us out there together, his head on my shoulder and a happy "I love my Mommy" look on his face. My shy boy...


Pictures of the rehearsal and the dinner...



The cousins had so much fun at the dinner. They had a booth all to themselves, proudly ordered "three chicken nugget meals and chocolate milks" and colored pictures together for two hours. I loved sitting at the table next to them and secretly listening in on their conversations. I'm so happy they have each other.








Preparations the next day took place at Cassi's house. It was nice to have our hair done in the comfort of her own living room. We drank mimosas, ate cinnamon rolls and watched each other get done up. My favorite moment was my one-on-one time with Ella. She had requested just a little bit of makeup -- some blush and mascara, and when I was done putting it on her, she looked in the mirror and then came at me with a big hug and a "You're the best aunt ever!" It was a sweet moment that I don't think anyone else even heard. Watching her grow up and helping her do her makeup for such a special day was a precious few minutes for me.














The groom's cake... made by his mom and sister.



Skype calls over seas!





They're all so handsome!



Final moments as Cassi Ubben...



I will try and share some more pictures once the professional ones are released. For now, this is the only one I have of me from that day -- a phone pic!