"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Day, 2013

We had such a good Christmas this year. It was filled with surprises, the boys loved every minute of it and we were able to spend it with our entire family without having to do any traveling. We had Christmas morning for just the four of us - gift opening and play time, the Disney Christmas parade on in the background and no rush to hit the road. We then spent late morning and afternoon with my parents and the evening with Cody's family. It sure makes holidays easier when your whole family is within 10 minutes of each other!

I had so much trouble sleeping Christmas Eve night. I woke up at 3:30am, and it took me at least an hour to get back to sleep as I was anticipating the boys waking up. They slept until just after seven, which is pretty good for them. When they did wake up, Brandon was more concerned with seeing if Santa had eaten his piece of cake than he was to see the presents!

The boys received everything they asked Santa for and then some. We always go a little overboard for Christmas, but I had even more fun this year. They are both old enough to have specific gift requests, and I don't think they went without any of their wishes.

Pictures I got of "the opening..."





















Even Lucy got to have some Christmas morning fun.



The boys wanted to take a bath with their new bath toy right away. They had seen this floating Hot Wheels race track in the store months ago, and Santa was happy to provide.


We did presents at my parents' before eating any food (because kids put first things first of course), and we all made out extremely well. Surprises included a new portable football grill for Cody, a Lincoln Log train for the boys, a trip to Washington D.C. for my mom, a new puppy for my dad and a new camera for me! I was so thrilled with this completely unexpected surprise that I actually started shaking when I saw what was in the box. Best Christmas gift ever! (And there have been some good ones). I love taking pictures so much.... it has become a hobby of mine, and I'm anxious to learn the ins and outs of this new toy of mine so that I can improve my slowly developing skill more and more over time.













And while everyone else was eating, I started playing...





We were able to relax for most of the afternoon with plenty of new treasures to keep us entertained. Cody even got in a two hour nap after having to work Christmas Eve night. And all the while, it looked like this outside. It was such a pretty snow.










I have to get Christmas tree pictures everywhere we're at. I just love each one I see.


More pictures from Christmas night with the Ubben's. Good food and drinks and cousins playing. It really was the best of days, and I'm so sad that it's over.















This picture makes me laugh. We had our vehicle packed full by the end of the day and after Cody brought everything inside, I told Jaden he needed to help me carry it all to the basement so we could start organizing it the next day. He just sat on the floor and stared at it, not really sure where to even begin. We were so tired by this point!


We ended the evening around the tree and laughed at Lucy -- who was so very happy that all the presents were finally gone so she could fit underneath the tree perfectly once again.







I love these pictures of our girl. Mischievous and feisty but sweet and cuddly just the same.




My view after tucking the boys in tight... with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads... and in their bellies!


Such a good Christmas... one of our best yet.