"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, December 30, 2013

So long Christmas Break and 2013...



Christmas break is pretty much over around here even though we have another slow, easy week this week with New Year's right in the middle of it all. Christmas break was everything I had hyped it up to be in my mind. I always get a little nervous that my two kiddos will get extreme cabin fever over long holidays in the middle of Winter, but they did so good all week long. Sure, we had our moments of impatience and brotherly fights, but we enjoyed this time together so much. We became used to an easy rhythm of slow mornings, bubble baths after breakfast, breaking out a new toy or two before lunch and little excursions out in the afternoons and evenings. There was Disney's Frozen in the theater, the McDonald's play land one day, a UNI basketball game one night, several trips to Target... and Cherry Berry for a late dessert over the weekend. There was lots of new movies to watch that we received as gifts and lots of time for Lego building, board games and cuddles. I loved it and am so sad it's over. I'm experiencing a bit of the post-holiday blues and am trying to perk myself up a bit. Flowers and butterflies and Spring is a long ways off. And I have no time for a funk... I've got a soon-to-be six year old's birthday party to start planning!

Images from the tail end of our vacation time...

All those toys to put away...



New bedding just for fun...




So many games of Sorry and Ninja Turtles. I am loving our family game moments and loving that the boys are old enough to join.



Cherry Berry is a favorite in this house...




Quiet nights with hot cocoa and playing with the camera...




Play-doh and trips to the Nana's and Papa's...











Our first big sledding adventure and four hours outside of snowman and fort building. That 40 degree day felt so good.
















Mommy went shopping and came home to a "mommy snowman." (They gave it long hair).








A new couch that we absolutely love.



I am one for comfort and change makes me nervous. I get a little anxious at the thought of turning the pages of our story to 2014. My job is changing in a big way and 2014 is going to be another big year for us with lots on the horizon and goals that we've set for our family for the next two years. I'm hesitant to let go of 2013 but also very excited for all that's to come.