"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We had a wonderful four days around here. All the fixings of good food, traditions lived out, lots of family... and those sparkly Christmas lights illuminating our cozy home at the end of each day.


I'm so happy it's December.


Thanksgiving started off just right. A calm night beforehand. All the Fall d├ęcor put away in preparation for the next morning, and tiny voices heard from their bedroom. I snuck through the hallway to their room, not wanting to interrupt the moment. I had no idea I'd find these two brothers tucked under the covers in their bunk bed, lying side by side, Brandon listening as Jaden read to him from their storybook Bible. The only lights on were those of their Christmas tree and the rope light around their bed. I wanted to freeze time.





We woke up on Thanksgiving morning, threw cinnamon rolls in the oven and started decorating our tree. The boys were big helpers this year, doing all of the ornaments themselves except for the ones on the very top. I was surprised at how well they did spreading the ornaments out. And meanwhile, the Macy's Parade played on in the background. And every light strand worked. It's always a good day when every light strand works.







Lucy had just as much fun... and got a little naughty as the weekend progressed! She learned to climb to the top of the tree, but I think the novelty is finally starting to wear off. She's not a fan of the pink water spray bottle I picked up at Target! ;)




Look closely between the branches!








After decorating, we spent the majority of Thanksgiving day with my parents. We had the traditional meal with some chocolate fruit dip that I provided and some really yummy pumpkin pie.










My dad wanted to take his first stab at sugar cookies, and he of course had some eager little helpers.











Still sorting through pictures and moments from the rest of our weekend... more to come!