"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

how we spent New Year's...

*took the boys to "Shake, Rattle and Bowl" for some black light bowling.








The boys love bowling, but Cody and I got a little annoyed with the group next to us. This lady was taking her New Year's Eve bowling way too seriously and wasn't real happy that she was stuck in a lane next to a family with two young kids. She didn't hide her displeasure with us real well even though the boys never got in her way! That bowling is serious business for some...







Brandon was so funny. After he'd roll the ball down the lane, he'd stop and sit to see where it ended up. ;)






 

*put chocolate milk in fancy glasses and let the boys have a New Year's toast before bed.
 



 
*played a game of Sorry... a family favorite right now.



*hosted James and Cassi for game night after the boys were tucked away. The four of us sat around the Monopoly board for a couple of hours, shared a lot of laughs, watched the ball drop on east coast time and poured our own bubbly at Midnight our time.




We didn't get to sleep until 1:30am, and I was incredibly impressed with myself for being able to get up with the boys just five hours later. This... after having finished off this (mostly by myself)...



It was flowing. Let's just say it's been several years since I've had that much wine. And I probably didn't need that extra glass of bubbly when the clock struck 12 but... 2014 calls for celebrating.

*went for a New Year's day lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings so we could watch some football and get out of the house on another really cold day.






*spent three hours as a family in the basement watching Daddy put together the new K'nex roller coaster we got the boys for Christmas. This thing was a lot bigger than I had anticipated, but the boys are thrilled. And I'm so grateful to him for spending his holiday doing this. I think my husband was pretty impressed with his wife's performance the night before and was extra helpful and attentive while she nursed a somewhat fatigued body all day long. ;)











*enjoyed a dinner of roast out of the crockpot and a family movie night before turning to the UNI basketball game on TV. (Amidst Lincoln Logs and Lego's. Ever since Christmas, I feel like I'm living in Santa's own workshop).





Happy January. Happy 2014. We are indeed already getting tired of the freezing cold temperatures but that will make April all the much sweeter when she shows up!