"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, February 24, 2014

'52' - Week 8

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"
 
**Getting this post in early this week because the rest of the week is all about a birthday. :)
 

Trying on Papa's headset before the basketball game this weekend. It's a pre-game tradition in our home -- get to the game early enough to go down to the court and sit with Papa at the scorer's table for just a few minutes. I'm not sure if Jaden will take over Papa's PA job someday... but he sure has the love of sports in his blood. The kid talks about football and basketball non-stop. He knows all the Panther basketball players by name, face and jersey number and though it's a little tougher in football what with helmets over their faces most of the time, he knows all the numbers and names of those key players, as well. And he's growing up. Instead of sitting with us during the games, he goes to the top of the bleachers and sits with some other boys he's gotten to know over the past few seasons. They share cotton candy with him. He shares skittles with them. I guess he's not a baby anymore. ;)

 
Is he cute or what? And he turns FOUR this week. Four years ago at this time I was getting my membranes stripped at the doctor's office - trying so hard to induce labor. It didn't work, and I spent the rest of the week with an achy back, starting maternity leave four days earlier than I had planned because I couldn't stand sitting uncomfortably in my desk chair anymore and instead sat around at home in our recliner -- restless and anxious to meet this baby that never seemed to take a nap in my tummy! I remember wandering in and out of his nursery multiple times a night, dreaming of watching him sleeping in that crib, staring at his clothes in his closet and pulling those newborn baby diapers out over and over again just to imagine that tiny baby in my arms. He was more than worth the wait, and I can't wait to celebrate all that he means to our family this week.
 
Stay tuned for birthday celebration pics and a post all about our Brandon at age four!