"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

on a snow day...





Since I work from home, Jaden gets to stay home with me whenever school is cancelled. This year... that has been a lot. I have lost count of how many snow days we've had this year and for the most part, they've all been coupled with freezing cold temperatures. Yesterday, however, temps were warm enough for Jaden to play outside in it after the snow storm stopped and the sun came out.

After it got done looking like this.


So after a morning spent indoors with Lucy, lunch at Pepper's and an early afternoon movie, Jaden spent most of the afternoon playing outside.











He was such a big helper, wanting to shovel a walkway in front of the garage and then proceeded to try and shoot hoops and ride a scooter through the snow! It was so nice to sit and watch him from the kitchen window, computer and e-mail at my finger tips and an hour-long phone conversation with my boss while my boy played contently by himself until it was time to pick up his brother.
 




Ha! "It's too bright, Mommy!"













 
Poor Lucy... watching and cat crying from the window. She felt incredibly left out.
 
 
 And of course there was plenty of play on top of our giant snow mountain at the end of the driveway.





 
Since he's usually not a good sport when I have my camera out, I'm pretty happy I captured this shot. Such a cutie, that one.
 


They're talkin' blizzard on Thursday. I'm thinking a few bottles of wine and hibernation to get me to spring. Geez.