"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

'52' - Week 10

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"
 
 
Brandon: We're already noticing changes in our four-year old. He now prefers to take baths without his brother so that he can have time to himself, he's understanding more often that Mommy can't carry him quite that easily, and though I still smother him with dozens of kisses a day... he now throws out, "no more kisses!" every once in a while. He's really into singing, too. Most of the time it's church or preschool songs, but just last night I heard him singing a song from top-40 radio to himself as he prepared a "feast" for us at his play kitchen in the basement. And since yesterday was so beautiful outside, we let him take a short spin up the street on his new bike for the first time. He rode it like he'd been riding that thing for years. (With training wheels). In fact, he rode up the hill better than his brother did!
 
 
 
Jaden: Big news for him this past week - he lost his first tooth. Of course it took Mommy and Daddy leaving town for that thing to finally fall out after weeks of being just slightly loose. We were almost to St. Louis when we got a phone call from him that it had fallen out in the middle of school. His teacher told me that they had to search the carpet to find it. And since we weren't home, the tooth fairy waited a few days before leaving money under the pillow. I told Cody that I thought the tooth fairy was being stingy. He assured me she was being generous since all he ever got was a quarter. ;)