"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, March 31, 2014

'52' - Week 13

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"
 
 
Jaden: So happy to be back outside this weekend. I was surprised to see him spend most of his time at the park collecting acorns instead of going from slide to slide. He hopped on his John Deere tractor this weekend, and sadly, I think it's the last summer for it as he can barely fit his legs on it anymore. I should have kept track of how many hours he has logged riding that around the yard. My dad won it at an auction, and he definitely has gotten more than his money's worth!

 
Brandon: Ever since he was a baby, one of his happiest places to be is on a swing. This weekend he surprised me by hopping on one for the first time this spring and pumping his legs to make it go all by himself. Though I will miss him needing me there to help push him, it's fun seeing him spread his wings more and more and watching him learn to fly on his own. That's a metaphor for a lot of things right now... our boys are really growing up in so many ways.