"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, April 7, 2014

'52' - Week 14

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"
 
 
Jaden: and his beloved John Deere tractor. Hours upon hours, he has spent driving this thing around over the past several years. I can remember the first summer we allowed him to drive around to the front of the house without our supervision, trusting that he wouldn't hop the curb and drive it right into the street. And the summer that Brandon was the perfect size to ride along behind in the attachable trailer. And the summer that he was finally comfortable enough to switch it from speed '1' to speed '2'. The best memories have been of him driving this right alongside Cody on his riding lawn mower. Jaden loves grass cutting nights. It's so funny watching him maneuver this thing as if he's trying to mimic the way Cody drives the mower or his work truck. He can reverse, change speeds and navigate tight turns better than most taking their driver's test. And I'm pretty sure he could parallel park better than me!
 

 
Brandon: playing Angry Birds in the Saturday morning early sunlight. This was after he woke me up by crawling into bed, getting nose to nose with me and gently stroking my arm. When I opened my eyes, all I could see were his two big brown eyes looking right back at me. And this was after he'd already built a blanket fort over the recliner and a giant block tower in the basement. He's very productive when he wakes up! ;) Every age of his has been my favorite, and now I am loving him at four. And it's a big week for him... his first soccer practice and his first preschool program. And he's still in swimming. He's a busy boy!