"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, April 28, 2014

'52' - Week 17

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"
 
 
 
Jaden: He started soccer this weekend and scored four goals right out of the gate. After he scored the first one, he apparently got a good taste in his mouth for it and went on to score three more pretty rapidly, getting aggressive enough to even (accidently) knock another boy over to steal the ball from him on the way to the scoring kick. He's pretty proud of his soccer shoes and looked so incredibly old in his matching soccer shirt, pants, socks, shin guards and cleats. He ended the two hour practice with super flushed cheeks, sweaty hair and the look of a 16-year old. I have a feeling we're in for many fun years of watching him compete in a lot of different things.
 


Brandon: His latest favorite -- wearing his blanket as a cape. Almost daily, we get a request to tie it like a cape for him. We've had to limit him to keeping it at home (after making the mistake of letting him drag it with him to Jaden's school concert), and it drives me crazy sometimes, but I know it's a passing phase so I'm laughing my way through it right along with him. He is such a goof, and I adore his imagination.