"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, May 5, 2014

'52' - Week 18

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"

 
Jaden: Practicing his soccer kicks while wearing his new Panther Marching Band hat from Papa Bob that he acquired on his day off from school on Friday. We spent another Sunday out at the soccer complex for practice, and at one point our niece Ella had games out there at the same time. Our families were walking back and forth in between soccer fields, and I smile whenever I think about all the hours we will all spend together over the next several years watching our kids compete and perform in all their different activities.
 
 
Brandon: Deck talks with this sweetheart are my favorite. Looking back over the past few springs, I have so many pictures like this one. He and I sitting on the deck chairs, with snacks and drinks between us, having our happy hour chats. Some of our best conversations are had around this table at the end of the school day - looking for airplane tracks in the sky, watching the squirrel climb the tree overhead and listening to him tell me all about his day. At one point on Friday night, he seemed so grown up, and he caught me as I was staring at him. "What?" he said. I told him I was a little sad... that I didn't want him to be growing up so fast. He then looked at me with those big brown eyes, face all serious but soft and said, "But Mommy, I have to. We all do." And then he kissed me.