"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pictures of a Nature Walk






Our Mother's Day weekend was a busy one. It was spent in Des Moines at a friend's wedding, at a church service followed by brunch, at a graduation party for Coach Farley's youngest and with a sleepover for our boys at Nana and Papa's. But my favorite part of the weekend was our Saturday morning. The weather cleared up and stayed perfect just long enough for a relaxing walk through the "woods" as Brandon likes to call it.
 














Brandon worked on collecting a bouquet of wild flowers for Mommy, and Jaden focused on finding deer tracks and deer paths throughout our entire walk. We found a new spot for a future picnic, and played peek-a-boo with the friendliest of little chipmunks. He was quite entertaining.



Peek...


...a-boo!
































 
I love the memories this woods holds of my own childhood and that it is now our go-to place whenever the seasons change. To see the leaves change colors in the Fall... and to watch them come to life in the Spring.
 
 
A few more pictures of our morning...
 
 
The boys left me with some time for myself on Saturday, and while they were out picking out special flowers and plants for me, I got to enjoy some reading and iced coffee out on the deck. I always appreciate those weekend mornings when I can ease into the day, listen to the birds sing above and let my toe nail polish dry from a patio chair. And seeing them come home so proud of themselves for their purchases was very sweet.
 

 
This hanging flower basket was all Brandon's idea, and I have to say - he's got an excellent eye for these things!
 








 
 
I'm looking forward to a rain-free weekend, more flower purchasing, some planting and hopefully a lot of sunshine. Our summer bucket list is ready... we just need some summer weather!