"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

this weekend, we...


...enjoyed signs of Summer finally blooming all around us. The forecast shows that warmer temps are here to stay, and I've never been more ready to dip my toes in the pool and get some tan lines on these shoulders. I can't wait to add potted flowers to our outdoor space and watch the bushes around our deck get more and more full with green. I'm ready for color.... everywhere.



...stayed outside on Friday night. Followed by going to bed way too late. Brandon is back to his ways of picking every little flower he can find, and I'm back to iced coffee in mason jars and reading from a deck chair. Cody is very happily getting reacquainted with his grill, and Jaden has picked up a new interest - pretending to fight with sticks on the driveway incorporating every Power Ranger move he can think of. He's "training" he says.








Deck talks...


Twice this weekend I had people come up to me to tell me how much they enjoyed this little one's impressive facial expressions.




And then he actually asked me to take a picture of his tongue.





...we played games of Go Fish, visited Dasher, schooled Papa Bob in a game of War and made a birthday card for Jack. We visited the first Farmer's Market of the season and didn't buy anything, but the boys got to hold some live sushi. Jaden went to a bowling party, Mommy and Nana Deanne painted our kitchen window trim and took a trip to Lowe's to purchase backsplash tile. We now have white kitchen windows, white bedroom curtains and a brighter view through the glass. I've felt a need lately for white, bright, fresh and happy and am enjoying the makeover process and the results.











...Cody mowed the grass for the first time this year with his little sidekicks tagging along, putting on another cute show for those driving by. We worked on getting Lucy used to her to leash (comedy), and planted Brandon's seeds he got for Easter.





(He's looking a little tall for the mower, these days).


















  ...we spent Saturday night at Cassi and James's, Sunday morning at church and Sunday afternoon at the soccer complex. We scraped paint off of windows on Sunday night, grilled pork chops for supper, ate ice cream for dessert and crashed in our beds harder than we had in a long time.














Looking ahead to an anniversary, Mother's Day weekend, the final stretch of the school year and a summer that's looming. I've got our Bucket List ready. I think it's going to be a good one.