"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

'52' - Week 23

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"
 

 
Jaden: He finally had his last day of kindergarten yesterday and now proudly walks around telling everyone he's a 1st grader! I dropped him off at the school age building at daycare this morning and even though he hasn't been to daycare in a year, and never before in the school-age building, he marched right in without hesitation and I had to call out his name just to get a goodbye from him. Just as he did on his first day of school. I'm so proud of how he embraces new things and new experiences. He has a really fun summer ahead of him full of swimming, special field trips with his friends, UNI sports camps and baseball practice.
 
A look back at his first day last August. A nervous Mommy and a confident five year old...
 
 
 
 
Brandon: We went to the arboretum this weekend, and he was totally in his element among the flowers. I was a little worried he would want to pick them all, so we had a little talk with him beforehand telling him that he couldn't pick the flowers here. That they needed to be kept growing pretty so that others could enjoy them like us. He promised us he wouldn't pick them, and we didn't have to remind him once while we were there. He was so happy here that he kept asking me to take his picture everywhere, and I laugh when I look through them all. It's like a foreshadowing of his senior pictures!