"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, June 30, 2014

'52' - Week 26

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"
 

Jaden: Lots of new experiences again this week. He tried the bungee jump at the carnival on Friday, drove the bumper cars for the first time by himself and is currently attending his first ever UNI sports camp all day for the next four days. I think this is going to be a summer he remembers, and I hope it's one of those summers that helps define his childhood. Every summer tells a story, and I hope for him, this one tells the story of a boy who was now grown up enough to be able to experience more adventure, but still young enough to embrace the magical moments of childhood. To be honest, I hope he always stays young enough at heart to experience life through the youthful eyes he has right now.


Brandon: This little cutie was such a ham all weekend long. He was picture perfect riding in the parade, literally skipped almost everywhere we went, tried some new rides at the carnival and wore his Panther hat with pride for the cameras. He had a little bit of a meltdown at church on Sunday morning, I think from being overly tired after a busy day and a Saturday night sleepover, but recovered nicely for the remainder of the weekend. And last night, he made the most adorable and colorful chalk drawing on our driveway. He drew rainbows, flowers, grass, the sky and clouds. And then he drew "Mommy." I stepped outside to check on him while cleaning up supper, and he said, "Mommy! I drew you! I gave you a tummy and a dress, but I did not give you a dinky or a bottom." When I politely told him that even mommies have bottoms, he told me he just didn't want to give me one. ;)