"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, July 14, 2014

'52' - Week 28

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"


Jaden: He started baseball this past week, and it will be interesting to see how the transition from t-ball to coach's pitch goes. From now until the start of school, we'll be spending two nights a week out at the baseball fields, and we were lucky to be on the same team as some of his daycare friends. This also means that Brandon has some buddies to hang out with while we're there, too. Though Jaden throws and shoots right-handed, he bats left. So talented! ;) In this picture, he looks so much like Cody did as a little boy...


Brandon: He gives us such a run for our money. He can be so fiercely independent and stubborn, and then so very sweet and sensitive and loving. This weekend as I was putting him to bed he said to me, "Mommy, even when I am 10 years old, I will still be your baby." And as we were sitting for lunch at Culver's on Saturday, he came over to me out of the blue to wrap his arms around me, give me a kiss on the cheek, look in my eyes and tell me he loves me. He's our little Romeo.