"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, August 4, 2014

'52' - Week 31

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"


Jaden: My little sports junky. You must have a football, baseball and glove or basketball on hand at all times. You spent the majority of the weekend playing catch of some sort. Even on the beach. It's amazing watching you develop your skills at a pretty quick pace, especially seeing you throw spirals for an hour straight last night during our family grill-out. You put up a huge fuss when we made you go to bed during the first Sunday night football game of the season, and during our road trip on Saturday, you didn't touch your Nintendo DS once in the van. You stared at your football book the entire time. It's definitely in your blood. And we're having so much fun watching you.


Brandon: My little adventurer. One of my favorite images of you... sitting on the paddle boat with lifejacket on, scabbed nose and disheveled hat hair. I was woken up this morning by the slow squeak of our bedroom door and those two big brown eyes staring at me from underneath serious bed-head hair. When I opened my eyes and looked back at you, you climbed in bed with me, cuddled yourself up on the pillows next to mine, wrapped your arms around my neck and pressed your check up to mine. Most mornings upon waking up, you head straight to the living room asking for breakfast and cartoons. Not today. It was just the fuel I needed to jumpstart my Monday.