"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, August 18, 2014

the beginning of the end






Brandon, today you begin your second and last year of preschool.

I remember so very vividly dropping Jaden off for his first day of preschool three years ago. We were beginning a journey that would last four straight years. Two years of preschool for Jaden, immediately followed by two years of preschool for Brandon. Four straight years of preschool Christmas programs and yearly conferences with Mrs. W. and parent open house weeks in that sweet little protective room at Blessed Beginnings. I remember so clearly walking out of those doors on that very first day and thinking to myself, "What will life look like four years from now when this journey is over?"

And here we are, beginning that final year. The year I thought about and wondered about. The year that seemed so very far away. These past three years have seen so much growth not only in our boys but in us as parents and people, as well. Those fours years that seemed could take a lifetime. And now in the blink of an eye...

Here you are Brandon, our baby, just one year shy of being a school kid. And if my experience with time is any indication, it's going to be over just like that. As a family, there is so much we are looking forward to beyond this year. But at the same time, I hope we are able to fully savor this year with you. You have no idea how loved you are. And I am so excited to watch you grow this year. My sweet and sensitive boy who so eagerly wants to learn, who is curious about everything around him and asks a thousand questions a day. My little stinker that loves to be read to, has never turned down an opportunity to create art and sees so much beauty in a simple dandelion. You love strongly, hold your family close and fiercely protect your older brother even at the same time that you are fighting with him.

Have a great year at preschool sweetie. Play hard, learn lots, be open to new things and people and experiences. You're going places, I just know it.

"How much does Mommy love you?"

...to the moon and back, remember?

xoxo