"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

'52' - Week 36

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"
 

Jaden: This weekend, he played in his first football game. It was so fun to watch. But my poor little quarterback got mighty frustrated whenever a set play broke down. We could see him shaking his head as he would get back to the huddle, stand with his hands on his hips on the sidelines when it wasn't his turn to be in the game, and apparently he even told his coach during the game what adjustments he thought needed to be made. The kid is six.

 
Brandon: We got to go on a mommy/Brandon date this weekend. To Barnes and Noble... one of our favorite spots. He was on his best behavior. And when I told him he should choose a banana over a cookie for a treat at the café... "Okay Mommy! Because I read a Bernstein Bears book about eating too much junk food, and a banana is much healthier for me!" Of course we paired that banana with a chocolate milk. And then we bought more Bernstein Bear books.