"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, September 29, 2014

'52' - Week 39

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"
 

Jaden: He scored a touchdown this weekend. A perfect pass from his teammate, Gabe, and a beautiful catch by my boy before he turned and sprinted up field to the end zone. It was pretty exciting to watch. And then later that afternoon the two teammates met up with each other for some tailgating and catch at the Dome. Cody and I sat by our car and snacked while our oldest ran around without us for a while. It was kind of a weird feeling for his daddy and myself. A little bit of letting go happened. He's growing up. And yet... every morning without fail when I drop him off at school, he blows me kisses the entire walk up the sidewalk until he enters the front doors. I watch from the car as he turns every few steps to wave at me, always wanting the assurance that his mommy is still sitting there watching him until he is safe. I watch as the teachers at the cross walk take notice and compliment him, somewhat in awe that this 1st grader is not embarrassed to blow constant kisses to his mommy in front of all of his friends. And I think, I've hit the jackpot with that one.


Brandon: A golden hour picnic on a Friday night in a field full of dandelions. Story time before bed is one of my favorite parts of the day with him. He's usually incredibly exhausted by then, perfectly content to curl up next to me as close as he can get and lean his head on my shoulder while I read quietly in his ear and he stares intently at the pictures. And lately, he's been sliding one arm around my back as I read. This gesture from his four year old heart that completely melts mine. I've hit the jackpot with this one, too.