"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

our weekend...

...a Friday night movie night with cousins. Brandon is already getting into the Halloween spirit and chose to rent Casper for our movie night. While all three of our husbands were off in different cities for different reasons, Cassi, Deanne and I got the kids together for movies, pizza and baby shower talk.

...a Saturday morning of flag football. The entire family gathered to watch Jaden in his debut performance in perfect football weather. I think I'm going to really like starting our Saturdays out this way.










...a Saturday afternoon at ARTapalooza. While the guys stayed home, the girls walked the downtown parkade. We meandered in and out of shops, enjoyed the perfect sunshine, stopped at Cup of Joe for an iced coffee drink and watched the 4th quarter of the Iowa State game from a table in Toads where I had the most amazing raspberry chipotle chicken wings.

...a trip to a new favorite park and a stop at Target for pants shopping. We're about to hit 50's and 60's this week and I'm so ready.

















...a Saturday night of grilled pork loin, yellow zucchini and sweet corn and an impromptu visit from company. A three and a half year old boy moved in across the street and he came over to our driveway carrying his basketball as the sun was going down. While his grandma joined me on the deck for a late evening chat, the boys shot hoops in the driveway with Tristan. Shortly after, Nana and Papa pulled up in their convertible, having been out for a sunset cruise. It was one of those nights where everyone just wanted to be outside enjoying the crisp air.

...a Sunday morning church service at the Gallagher Bluedorn for Orchard Hill's annual gathering celebration. It had been a long time since Brandon had sat through an entire church service with us, usually attending Sunday school instead. I wasn't sure how he would do but we brought his crayon box and a Halloween coloring book for backup. He sat perfectly the entire time, coloring away even when the lights were dim, and anytime he needed a new color out of the box, he let me know by politely tugging on my skirt, careful not to say a word.

...a Sunday afternoon and evening of football, Old Navy shopping and a Barnes & Noble date with my little while Jaden got to watch football with the big boys. Brandon ate a banana and sipped on chocolate milk, I enjoyed a Salted Caramel Mocha, and we browsed the Halloween and Berenstain Bear books. I love that he's my little bookworm.








Other happy things. Rainy days mixed with Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow scented candles. Our first pot of chili on the menu. A new sweater. School pictures. Crisp air through open windows. Fall books before bedtime. Wasabi ginger potato chips. (Trust me). Warm bubble baths to help clear up stuffy noses. Cute little boys in comfy sweatpants. Salamanders caught, named and released.

Cheers to new seasons and all they bring with them.