"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, October 13, 2014

'52' - Week 41

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"


Jaden: He had a ball this weekend at the UNI Football Watch Party in the Dome. We spread out our blankets on the Dome floor, enjoyed some free food and beverages and watched our Panthers win on the new big screen from the comfort of our favorite football field. He got to try on a real uniform with pads, and a couple of his flag football teammates showed up shortly after we did. He spent a solid 4 1/2 hours running, playing tackle football and throwing spirals in the same end zone he sees his hero David Johnson score touchdowns. And it didn't hurt that his favorite Panther basketball player, Seth Tuttle, walked through at one point and recognized Jaden from afar. Jaden didn't spot him right away, and when he noticed Seth smiling at him, he got a smirk on his face and relished in a high-five from his favorite baller. These experiences and the access these young boys have to their favorite collegiate athletes... well, I don't think you'd find it anywhere else. It's a special place.


Brandon: He and I enjoyed an afternoon at the library just the two of us. While I collected Halloween books and videos, he played quietly for a couple of hours. His imagination is one of my favorite things about him, and while he got lost in his world of play, I got lost in him. He's a special one, and I adore him.