"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

welcome, October // a day at the orchard

Sharing just a few first images from our day in Cambridge this past weekend. I'm heading off to catch an airplane for a 36-hour trip to Houston to interview two candidates for a position in our new Houston office that will be opening soon. This trip is a last-minute event amidst an already absolutely chaotic couple of weeks. By the time this very short trip is over and by the time this week comes to an end, our family will have only had one night with all of us home for supper at the same time in the past two weeks. Between football practices, birthday parties, , hair cut appointments, school open houses, family pictures, late nights at work for Daddy and an increased work load for Mommy, our house has been a crazy one. I chose this little trip for us because we needed a day away. I'm looking forward to posting more images and details after my plane lands back in Iowa, and I'm thankful to say our schedule dies down dramatically. For us, October always seems to come in like a lion. But it's beautiful just the same. I've been reminded to enjoy the season we're in and the sky we're under. I'm grateful that business is good, for jobs that push us, for employers who believe in us, and for being right where we're meant to be even when all the growing and stretching is not always comfortable.

...and for days like these in between all the rest of it:


















More to come...