"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, November 3, 2014

'52' - Week 44

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"


Jaden: He attended his first UNI basketball camp this weekend, and although he always acts "cool" after events like this and doesn't like to elaborate much on his experience, I know he had fun and felt pretty special. After getting autographs from the players at the end of the day, he wouldn't let me take him home until I practiced chest passes right there with him on the Dome floor. And... notice the shirt tucked in? He insisted he needed to tuck in his shirt since the players are required to tuck in their jerseys during games. He pays so much attention to these older athletes, which is why I'm so grateful that we have such a great group of positive influences at our university that take so much time out of their hectic schedules to spend time with kids.


Brandon: While Jaden was at camp, my little bookworm and I enjoyed a date just the two of us. We visited our favorite bookstore, picked out our next Magic Treehouse chapter book and a Disney Christmas collection storybook. We sat at a bistro table and shared shortbread cookies over chocolate milk and my first peppermint mocha of the season, while reading the pages of Rapunzel's Christmas. I love that he and I can share our love of reading with each other. I love that he used to gravitate more towards the train table and now he gravitates more to the books. And I love that he didn't want me to stop reading when it was time to go pick up Jaden. I love this kiddo's imagination and his curiosity in the world, and I love that he loves to learn. He's a sponge. And a cute one, too.