"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

'52' - Week '52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"
 

Jaden: We took advantage of some nicer weather earlier this week to get outside and get some much-needed fresh air. It's been months since he was able to practice his shot, but with Saturday morning basketball starting in January, he wanted to tune up a bit.


Brandon: My little buddy has loved our long break at home together. I'm happy to say that he still just loves being with his mommy and is happiest when we're in our own home. He's a home-body much like me. Happy to leave our nest for fun, but always more than ready to come home. As I type, he's sitting next to me playing on his ipad, the sun not quite yet risen in the sky, the rest of the house still sleeping. We had a conversation about what the New Year's holiday means and then he laid his head on my chest and sighed with content.

**This wraps up a year of weekly portraits of my boys. I can't believe I made it the entire year without missing a week. I love being able to look back through this series and see their faces grow ever so slightly from the beginning of the year to the end, reading about their weekly stories and seeing their personalities shine through in my writings of them. Looking forward to more of the same in 2015. Happy New Year!!**