"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, January 30, 2015

4/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2015"
 

Jaden: We celebrated his 7th birthday this week with a big family bowling night and pizza, cake and presents, per his request. I'm not sure he's had a birthday in the last several years that didn't include pizza. It's the way to his heart.


Brandon: Such a poser, this one. We've had some funny conversations this week. Last night on the way home from daycare he randomly told me, "Mommy, college is a choice. You don't have to go. So I'm not going to." I of course went into my mommy speech of why it's important to go to college, geared it to a four year olds mind as best I could, and I think I got through to him. Somewhat. "Fine. I'll go. But I'm NOT going to like it." He later told Cody at supper that he's only going to college "for the parties." He might be a little heartbroken when he discovers that 20 year olds don't party at Chuck E. Cheese. ;) His daycare class has also spent the entire month of January learning the Ten Commandments. He told me last night that he's "never going to be naughty again, will always respect me, will love me forever but will love God more than anyone." I love our daycare and I love him. :)