"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, February 6, 2015

a rambling update

Life is kind of a chaotic mess right now. We are taking things day to day around here. So many questions left unanswered, so many unknowns, and a lot of up and down emotions. I knew we'd be in for a roller coaster ride when we decided to put our house on the market, but I wasn't prepared for how exhausted I would feel mentally and physically from the weight of it. Having bronchitis for a month sure didn't help, but thankfully I finally feel like I'm coming out of that hole. However, there's still a For Sale sign in our yard, and even though it hasn't even been two weeks, and even though we're getting plenty of traffic and interest, I wake up every morning just praying that today is the day we get an acceptable offer. I'm not a patient person, as my husband very well knows, and patience often seems to be the one lesson God tries to test me on most! I get reminded by others often that it will all work out in the end, and I do believe that, but I sure wish I knew when the end was coming.

But these cute little boys have no real idea what's going on around them. They think this whole process is fun and exciting. They have loved looking at other houses, thinking about spending their summers in a different backyard, sleeping in a different room and even going to school somewhere else. Jaden remains true to who he has always been... going with the flow... accepting changes and whatever is thrown at him... and easing our stress just a bit by not showing any fear or concern with the knowledge that he will be starting at a new school in the fall. I love that about him, that he can make friends wherever he goes and that he doesn't shy away from the new and the unknown and the different. Cody remains steady and reminds me almost daily why we were meant for each other. I'm the worrier, the one who wants to be able to control every situation. He's the laid back better half of me, reassuring me through text messages throughout the day that everything is fine, we will be fine, and that there's no sense in fretting over things we can't control. And then there's Brandon, his after-work cuddles, constant kisses and always present excitement over the smallest of things. Things like Valentine's Day cards for his friends and chocolate chip cookie baking and new book orders from preschool. If I didn't have these people... I'm not sure what I'd do.
























I love these snow bunnies but I could sure use a good dose of Spring.