"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Sunday, March 1, 2015

8/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2015"


Jaden: The kid never puts this ball down. He spends hours a day, literally, shooting hoops on his Panther hoop that hangs on his bedroom door. In between going to the bathroom and brushing his teeth, he picks the ball up and shoots. In between putting one sock on and then the other, he picks the ball up and shoots. When he's supposed to be grabbing his coat for school, he instead picks the ball up and shoots. I even caught him trying to emulate a reverse one-handed dunk Seth Tuttle displayed at a game recently, and he did it exactly like Seth. Just... on a smaller scale... with a smaller ball. ;) I can't wait until the weather is nice enough for him to be out in the driveway with his real hoop and ball. I don't think he'll ever come inside. We recently got him a Michael Jordan book from his book order, and he asked us today, "How many hours a day did Michael practice?" The kid is driven.


Brandon: Literally captured him with his head in a book. It's been his last weekend as a four year old, and he's been telling everyone he can, "It's my last days as a FOUR YEAR OLD!" With all the millions of things going in our life the last two months, I completely forgot to schedule his five-year doctor's appointment so we will have to wait until the end of April to see how much he's grown. However, I did finally get to get rid of all of his size 3T pajamas this past week. Slight progress, but progress none the less. ;)